Game Development Course
DEVGAME IS NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING ENROLLMENTS. THERE ARE NO COURSES CURRENTLY SCHEDULED.
This is to register and pay for the online Game Development Course being taught by Theodore Beale, Lead Designer for Finnish game developer Alpenwolf, who has 25 years of experience in reviewing, designing, developing, producing, and financing games. Adapted from a course taught at a technical institute in Zürich sponsored by the SGDA, the spring session of the online course will consist of 10 two-hour sessions beginning on 21st May 2016. The webinar sessions will each feature a professional guest lecturer from the game industry and are currently scheduled as follows:
- Elements of Success: How to Survive and Succeed in the Game Industry
- The History of Games: Arcade to 3rd Gen Console
- Production vs Design: The Horror Stories
- The History of Games: PC games from Akalabeth to Quake
- Production: Audio, Art, and Code
- Design: Game Mechanics and Design Documents
- The History of Games: From Console Convergence to MMO and Mobile
- Production: Finance and Project Management
- Mastering Manipulation: Marketing and Media
- Breaking In: Job-hunting vs Self-Starting
Testimonials from previous participants:
- Great course – you can expect a lot of practical knowledge and a lifetime experience from inside the industry – course is definitely worth the time and money invested!
- I think that all the little anecdotes and narrated experiences are the real benefit of these sessions.
- It’s like getting a look behind the scenes.
- It was good and informative. He talked about different subjects and didn’t get stuck on one topic. It was very good that he showed examples and made interactive discussions.
30 minutes of each session are set aside for Q&A. Seats are limited to 500.