The Rageaholic on Elric of Melniboné
Tuesday , 7, February 2017
You have to see this video.
- Razör has read all of the Elric books and all of the Elric comics and his excitement for this character is positively infectious.
- He intercuts interviews with Michael Moorcock, making this even more informative.
- He puts forward the claim that French comics have actually improved on the original stories.
- He uses the term “pulp” to describe the freaky science fantasy scene of the sixties– and far from being a slur, it’s actually a selling point here.
- Several times he alludes to how the video game industry has appropriated this character in some of their most successful properties.
Now… if you aren’t familiar with this reviewer, you might want to know that he has a pronounced tendency to employ… er… particularly colorful metaphors. So save this one back for when after the kids are in bed. You’re not going to find a better primer on this character anywhere else.
Thanks to Nathan Housley for bringing this to my attention…!