UPDATE: Timeline for the CA Secession Anthology
Friday , 3, March 2017
Tom Kratman, Vox, Amazon Best-Selling Scfi author Richard Fox, and myself, have been collaborating on the Secession of California. I mean the timeline for such a fictional event… should it ever happen, and how we would WarFight it. We went through and pulled all your comments on the possible timeline, events and craziness, that could happen and then balanced those with our own Napoleonic yearnings
Richard Fox’s Book On Amazon
Great Mil SciFi
and came up with this… It’s just a taste… but tell us what you think:
This would be Phase One of the Conflict. There are two more Phases to come.
- California Passes the CALEXIT Bill in the State Senate.
- Cannot legally secede due to un-amended Constitution.
- Proposition 76 passes a special vote under the shadow of corruption and violence, thus allowing CA to secede.
- Reports of widespread voter fraud cast the results in shadow.
- Voter rolls not enforced. Viral pics of buses with the same bunch of illegals going from polling place to polling place
- State Senate proceeds with Articles of Separation.
- US attempts to evacuate all nukes and military dependents.
- Several dependent families of key military personnel are detained by La Raza militants.
- One bus full of dependents headed to San Diego is shot up. The passengers are executed Live on Facebook.
- California suspends all Federal Revenue payments.
- Widespread reports from every state detail residents renouncing US citizenship and departing for California. Roads and highways are jammed leading into California.
- California closes the borders to anyone wanting to abandon the Nation without first paying a 75% total income tax.
- POTUS declares a State of Emergency in California. Directs all Federal Authorities to maintain Law and Order.
- POTUS freezes all bank transactions but rescinds order after Financial Markets collapse 36 hours later.
- The Freedom Protests turn violent in San Francisco and LA after Hollywood produces a season of Pro-Secession Propaganda Films including a Star Wars Sequel. Both Federal Buildings are burned to the ground with workers and defenders inside.
- A newly elected Democrat U.S. Senate and Congress attempt to prevent the President from declaring Martial Law hours after POTUS signs the Executive Order to do such. Drudge Report accuses several senators of being blackmailed by Apple’s Data Mining operations. Apple CEO vows to finance California’s first 100 days.
- 9th Court of Appeals bars the Order for Martial Law from being effected despite its lack of authority to do so.
- California closes the border using Highway Patrol units and elements of the newly formed California Militia. Governor of the newly elected Advisory Committee that rules the new nation of California orders all Federal Military Installations to turn over their weapons.
- Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties declare allegiance to the U.S. Armed Militias take to the street to defend these counties.
- California Militia and a La Raza Brigades Force, backed by the Cartels, attack the Marine base at 29 Palms. After a series of fake orders and infiltration operations delay Marines from drawing weapon, the California Militia takes heavy losses along the highway leading to the battle. The last traffic received at Pacific Fleet HQ indicates enemy forces surrounding the base and outnumbering defenders at 100-1. By 5 a.m. the next morning multiple JDAMs are dropped inside the perimeter of the overrun base. US Spectre gunships cover surviving Marines teams as they attempt to evacuate.
- Four California-Loyal National Guard Battalions, complimented by the La Raza brigades, invade Orange County along the I-5 corridor. The Battle of Santa Ana takes place. Heavy casualties on both sides leave the city in flames. But the Militias hold the heavily-Republican county west of Santa Ana. Refugees flee for the OC Safe Zone with rumors of a Marine-led amphibious evacuation from Huntington Beach.
- A coalition of Democrat caucuses forces the US Senate to open Treaty Negotiations on its own as POTUS and the Joint Chiefs plan to invade and restore order.
- The Treaty of Las Vegas is ratified by the Senate without Chief Executive approval, recognizing California as an Independent and sovereign Republic.
- Swelling public opinion and threats of impeachment force the POTUS to stay the impending invasion and engage in diplomatic talks held in Chicago. The talks are overshadowed by massive demonstrations. US military units continue to stage assets all throughout the Nevada Desert.
- U.S. declares a No-Fly zone over SF after Chinese Commercial aircraft are photographed unloading military equipment at SFO. The USS Ronald Reagan Carrier Battlegroup is stationed off Point Dume to intercept. Wide spread reports indicate Chinese immigrants have begun training the California militias in arms and small unit tactics.
- The U.S. accuses Russian agents of backing the Secession movement from Hollywood.
- A British Newspaper reports a Chinese Battlegroup has left the South China Sea enroute to the Pacific.
- Gunboats and civilian craft block the San Diego harbor and surround the dry-docked USS George Washington. The Pacific Fleet is ordered not to engage.
- The U.S. shoots down a Commercial 777 out of Beijing. All lost. Military equipment and arms are seen floating in the water on the news feeds.
- US shuts off flow of water from California Aqueduct. Diverts power from Hoover Dam. Reported PGM missile strikes destroy key pumping stations inside the California border. Much of SoCal in darkness and without water. Pro-US Militia units still hold the OC. The Marines and Navy now hold the shoreline in San Diego but the situation is rapidly deteriorating. The Aztec Liberation Front robs the Treasure Island casino on the Vegas Strip. A twenty-four hour Mumbai-style hostage situation takes place live on Television, ending in a bloody assault by the Nevada National Guard. Pro-California Riots break out in Clark County. The major news networks lean heavily in favor of the Aztec Liberation Front’s message of a Free California movement during their coverage.
- Special Forces Teams and all three Battalions of the 75ht Rangers, knock out the I-99 corridor through California’s Central Valley. A day later they destroy the SF –Oakland Bridge leading into the city.
- A three day siege at the Embarcadero begins as a lone Ranger Battalion tries to hold the Ferry Building. The California National Police take the Ferry Building after a bloody firefight in which every member of the Battalion is killed.
- Commander of the U.S. Pacific Fleet in San Diego gives a Press Conference and announces Operation “Remember the Embarcadero” has begun. Marines move to take control of Downtown San Diego. Hours later Five Mexican Army Brigades, assisted by ad hoc La Raza Brigade units and drug cartel mercenary gangs, cross the California border to “restore temporary order to the Sovereign Nation of California.” Street fighting is brutal as hour by hour more Mexican Army units and mercenaries cross the border. Chinese BMPs are spotted by a Fox News crew in Tijuana.
- Losing downtown San Diego, the Marines hold the waterfront while the Fleet pulls out into deep water off shore, blasting its way through the civilian flotilla. A Mexican gunboat loaded with several tons of TNT rams the cruiser USS Ticonderoga, sending the burning ship to the bottom of the harbor. Two days later San Diego falls.
- The President purges congress of disloyal elements, then declares the ratification null from the get go. The remaining members of Congress authorize POTUS to restore order in the rebellious state of California. POTUS orders all ports and airports closed, rather than announcing a blockade.
In Phase Two The U.S. will begin to rally its Armored Divisions in Las Vegas and Carson City, readying for the Invasion of the Sovereign Republic of California. I’ll be back with that next week.
So, let us know what you think. Also, if you’re in the mood for a Free book and a Free novella, I’ll be giving those out over at my website. just sign up for my email list Here and you’ll get your book, and the novella will arrive in about two weeks. Thanks.